We all need to look for the best water pumps for our cars at some point of time, especially if the vehicle is one of the old and the engine is starting to heat up, and the water pump is not working in your car.
These are some common problems that every car owner with a 7.3L diesel engine faces. This heating problem may occur to every 7.3L Powerstroke sooner or later. And if you do not take care of it soon enough, it might start affecting your engine.
- 1 Comparison table of the Best Water Pump For 7.3 Powerstroke
- 2 Quick Picks
- 3 Why do you need the best water pumps for 7.3 Powerstroke?
- 4 Top 8 water pumps for 7.3 Powerstroke
- 5 How to choose a water pump for 7.3 Powerstroke?
- 6 Buying guide of a water pump for 7.3 Powerstroke :
- 7 User Guide for the best 7.3 Powerstroke water pump
- 8 How much power can 7.3 Powerstroke make?
- 9 Top Features of the best 7.3 Powerstroke water pump
- 10 Why do we recommend those best water pumps for 7.3 Powerstroke?
- 11 Is it bad to straight pipe a 7.3 Powerstroke?
Comparison table of the Best Water Pump For 7.3 Powerstroke
|Gates 43546 Water Pump for Ford 7.3 Diesel
Buy It On Amazon
|OAW F5930 Engine Water Pump for Ford 7.3L Powerstroke
Buy It On Amazon
|Water Pump Kit Compatible 1996-2003 Ford
Buy It On Amazon
|New Water Pump Upper Lower Radiator Hoses Fits for Ford Powerstroke Diesel 7.3L 99-01
Buy It On Amazon
|A-Premium Engine Water Pump Replacement for Ford
Buy It On Amazon
|Maxfavor Water Pump Fit for Ford Truck Direct Inj Turbo Diesel
Buy It On Amazon
|DNJ WP4200A Water Pump for 1996-2003/ Ford/ Excursion
Buy It On Amazon
|Tecoom AW4114 Professional Water Pump
Buy It On Amazon
Now that you know about the best water pumps for 7.3 Powerstroke, here are a few products which we will specify why you should consider before making a purchase of the best water pump to aid your need.
#1. Gates 43546 Water Pump for Ford 7.3L Diesel: These water pumps come with a gasket which has a real stronghold. The gasket does not fall off if there is no support. This aluminum build water pump is one of the best water pumps as long as the durability is in consideration.
#2. OAW F5930 Engine Water Pump: The OAW F5930 has brand new parts, and it promotes OE specifications too. There is a gasket included in the package. It also comes with a one-year warranty.
#3. Water Pump Kit Compatible with 1996-2003: This water pump is compatible with a range of vehicles of the E F series of Ford between 1996-2003. This is also a durable tool that is ready to provide uninterrupted coolant flow to your engine. This OHV turbo diesel engine is something you can rely on.
#4. New Water Pump Upper Lower Radiator: This is another incredible brand new water pump in the market that is worth a try. Suppose you are considering your defective water pump to keep your engine cool. This Powerstroke diesel engine can make your car safer to run on the roads.
#5. A-premium engine water pump replacement for Ford: This is another incredible tool you can opt for if your vehicle is anyone of Ford E 350, E 450, E550, F250, F 350, F 450, F 550. This water pump is perfect for keeping your engine cool and ready to rumble on the roads.
Now that we know about the best water pumps, and the shortlisted ones among those available in the market, here is how to choose these water pumps. Our next segment is on that guide.
These are some of the reasons why you must own a perfectly fine water pump for your 7.3 Powerstroke.
So, here we are with a list of the water pump for 7.3 Powerstroke. Check out our list, and choose according to your needs.
Why do you need the best water pumps for 7.3 Powerstroke?
Well, there are many reasons why you should opt for these water pumps. Here, we are going to mention a few before jumping into the list.
- You should opt for these engines as soon as possible if you already have a defective water pump and you don’t want your engine to decay over time. If you own a 7.3L Powerstroke without a proper cooling system, your engine is bound to start decaying soon.
- Your 7.3 water pump will keep pushing the coolant particles from the radiator through the coolant hoses. They push it into the engine and then back around the radiator. An internal impeller helps it this time. Then this cycle of transfer continues and keeps your engine cool so that your car does not break down in the middle of the road due to an overheated engine.
Top 8 water pumps for 7.3 Powerstroke
Now here are some of the best water pumps available out there. Check them out below:
1. Gates 43546 Water Pump for Ford 7.3 Diesel
This is one of the best water pumps for the United States. It is built to withstand the climate of the country, such as other aspects. The package has a height of 8.88 inches and a length of 14.12 inches. It is compatible with the FORD OE Numbers F81Z 9501 AARM and F81Z 8501 FA. For the price tag on the water pump, this is a great pump to try.
The product is made to provide longevity and will be there for your needs. The galvanized metal used to make this water pump ensures they will not catch rust. The gasket stays in position every time, which is another great benefit of using these water pumps.
Also, it has three different color options and is much more affordable for many users. Here are some pros and cons for better understanding.
- A very affordable water pump
- Built with galvanized metal
- The gasket stays in position without any support
- Will provide longevity
- Various color options
- You may need bolts for the hose pipe and the thermostat
2. OAW F5930 Engine Water Pump for Ford 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel 1996-2003
This is one of the best water pumps for your trucks available in the market. The makers have designed brand new parts for this piece. None of the parts were remanufactured to build this beast. Also, it promotes the OE original Fit and performance.
So, you can trust the brand name blindfolded. They have also included a gasket to help the customers. Also, there is one year warranty available, along with the 30 days return policy. If you did not like the tool and show them valid reasons, you can return the product and get a refund.
The tool is also interchangeable with the GMB 125-5930 and the Airtex AW4114. The tool is designed with the original equipment specification to provide the best service to the customers. It uses the highest quality carbon graphite ceramic seals in the water pumps.
- No compromises with the quality
- Promotes original equipment specifications
- Efficient in keeping the coolant flow uninterrupted
- It comes with a one-year warranty
- Built to be durable
- Not the right pump for 95′ Ford 7.3L
3. Water Pump Kit Compatible 1996-2003 Ford
AutoForever has always been one of the best companies to provide the best auto parts in the market. They have earned specialization in sales of auto replacement parts. And they have provided some of the best water pumps to keep your engine cool.
These pumps that AutoForever produces also promote Original Equipment specifications and ensure that it will be the perfect fit as a replacement to the factory part in your vehicle. And this water pump kit is one of the best water pumps for 7.3 Powerstroke.
It is built with the most durable aluminum materials, and you can use it for a long time. With the gasket and the accessories for the tight block sealing, you don’t have to worry about any leaks. Once you have fixed it in your car, your car engine will work smoothly for a long time.
- A very durable tool compatible with a range of vehicle
- A complete water pump kit
- This water pump is interchangeable with AW4114. 1255930, 252724, 99170, T5094, WP9728
- It comes with durable housing features.
- Includes precisely-machined mounting surfaces, and a proper sealing
- The warranty works only in cases of non-human damage quality issues.
4. New Water Pump Upper Lower Radiator Hoses Fits for Ford Powerstroke Diesel 7.3L 99-01
This water pump radiator hose kit is yet another incredible water pump to keep your vehicle cool and run. This will fit a range of vehicle models starting from Ford excursion 7.3L, Ford F250 Super Duty 7.3L, Ford F350 Super Duty, and more.
However, the cars should be made before the production date of Apr29th. This is a complete kit that includes a water pump, upper hose routes around, and a lower hose.
This is another incredible water pump promoting the original equipment specifications, and it will provide you the best service for a long time. It will keep an uninterrupted water flow to your engine and will keep your car cool on hot summer days.
Opt for this one of the best water pumps for 7.3 Powerstroke in the market, and enjoy the best cooling of your car engine for a long time. Here are some pros and cons of this tool.
- It is one of the best water pump and radiator hose kit
- That is perfectly fits a range of water pumps
- It promotes original equipment specifications
- Designed to last long
- It is less prone to leakages
- No such cons found
5. A-Premium Engine Water Pump Replacement for Ford
This is another implausible water pump that keeps the engine cool just by transferring the water to the engine. This is one of the best replacements, and you can hope for an easy installation. These water pumps are great in improving your driving comfort and will help increase your car’s safety measures.
This water pump comes from a brand that is one of the most fast-growing automotive aftermarket parts sellers in the United States. You can entirely rely on the brand with these replaceable auto parts. They have made this tool with aluminum metal which is going to last long.
The seven impeller vanes are also going to help. Also, it promotes the original equipment specifications like all the other water tanks we have named in our list yet. So, this is one of the inevitable entries you can think of on our list.
- Build with aluminum, so it is going to last
- Promotes original equipment specifications
- Improves the comfort and safety measures of your car
- It comes with the reliability of the brand
- It comes with a 1-year mileage quality guarantee
- No size or length specifications available on the product description
6. Maxfavor Water Pump Fit for Ford Truck Direct Inj Turbo Diesel
Maxfavor is one of the best and dedicated auto parts sellers available in the market. They provide a great selection and the latest cutting-edge technology to produce some of the best replaceable car parts available in the market.
The Maxfavor water pumps promote original equipment specifications that offer high-performance water circulation to the engine to keep the engine cool. This way, your car will not break down in the middle of the road due to excess heat produced.
The anti-rust design of the water pump will help to add some more years to its longevity. These are the best replacements for Ford 96-03 trucks. This high-functioning quality water pump is one of the best tools that reach the OEM standards too. The pump impeller will contribute to excellent water circulation to keep your engine cool.
- Built with aluminum for durability
- The material will not catch rust
- It Will provides an incredible water circulation
- Includes a premium water pump, and a gasket
- Includes a one-year unlimited miles warranty
- No customer reviews on eCommerce
7. DNJ WP4200A Water Pump for 1996-2003/ Ford/ Excursion
This is one of the best water pumps for 7.3 Powerstroke currently available in the market. That is a brand -new water pump for the Ford series 1996-2003 truck you own. This is a premium product that has a thermostat on the pump.
So, whenever the car engine is getting overheated, the water pump will sense it and send water from the radiator to keep the engine cool. These DNJ engine components are the sole provider of this pump.
The manufacturers have intentionally done that as the brand has over 30+ years of experience in this field. They are providing quality, experience, and trust all these years to their customers. Also, this product includes a one-year warranty of 12000 miles. However, this is a limited period warranty. Here are some of the advantages and cons to assist you with these tools.
- A brand new DNJ water pump
- This is a premium tool with a thermostat on top
- The brand is a full line provider of domestic and Japanese engine parts
- Customers get a one-year warranty of 12000 miles
- The brand has 30+ years of experience in creating auto parts
- The warranty is limited
8. Tecoom AW4114 Professional Water Pump with Gasket for Compatible with Ford E350 F250 F350 F450 Super Duty 7.3L V8 Engine
This water pump with a gasket is one of the best water pumps available in the market. This water pump is of top quality, and you don’t have to believe us on that. The company is ISO certified from the year 2009. These water pumps are built with OE specifications, and they are completely tested for reliability and leakage-free performance.
This water pump includes a top-grade bearing that can help 20000 hours non-stop non-re-lubricated working hours. These water pumps are thoroughly tested and permanently sealed for greater durability. Also, this is designed to have a better performance too.
The latest upgrade on the impellers is ready for maximum coolant flow that helps to keep the cooling system in an optimal running condition. Also, this tool comes with a three-year 50000 kilometers warranty, whichever comes first.
- Promotes OE specifications
- It comes with a three-year warranty
- Top graded bearing tested thoroughly to provide 20000 hours non-re-lubricated runtime.
- Include upgrades in impellers
- A very durable water pump to keep your engine cool
- No such cons found
How to choose a water pump for 7.3 Powerstroke?
We have already given you some of the best water pumps available in the market. However, some of our readers might want to choose their favorite water pumps on their own. Therefore, here are a few tips that you need to know about while choosing the best water pumps for your vehicle.
- The primary thing you need to know about water pumps is the model that best fits your vehicle. The water pump manufacturers design these water pumps according to the model number, the year, or the series of the car. Therefore, you should check your car model number before opting for one of them.
- If you are opting for a water pump, you should always opt for a new one. Opting for the used water pumps will not be any help, as they can break down anytime on the road and drag you into the situation you were trying to avoid with these second-hand water pumps.
- You should also check for the different additional parts while buying these water pumps. This should be one of the best things that you should consider. Since you are paying for the water pumps, you should expect the best parts like a new hose or the gasket.
So, these are some of the things you should keep in mind while opting for the best water pumps on your own. There are also a few more things that you may want to consider while buying the best water pumps. We are going to talk about it below.
Buying guide of a water pump for 7.3 Powerstroke :
We have already talked about some of the best things you may want to consider while choosing the best water pumps for your car. Here are a few other things you ought to check before purchasing these water pumps.
- Check for durability: When looking for some of the best water pumps available in the market, you should check for the material it is built with. You may not want to buy a water pump that does not catch up rust easily. Also, some water pumps might break down easily. So, you want to check for that too.
- Longevity: You also might want to check if the water pump you are opting for is good enough to last long. You will be paying a lot of money for these water pumps. So, you should expect that they last long enough before they wear out so you can get a fair deal out of it.
- Model: You should check if the water pump is compatible with the 7.3L diesel engine you are using and your vehicle model. The Powerstroke engine might differ based on the year of its production, and thus, you should check if the model fits your vehicle.
- New pump: You should always opt for the new pump. Opting for a second-hand water pump can be a makeshift solution when your car breaks down in the middle of somewhere, but you have to replace it with a new pump as soon as possible because these second-hand pumps are no good to help you get anywhere.
These are a few of the critical tips that you want to keep in your mind while opting for these best water pumps available in the market. Keep them in mind before making a purchase.
User Guide for the best 7.3 Powerstroke water pump
You should know that each engine comprises a different belt drive system. Therefore, before installing a water pump in your 7.3 Powerstroke, you should go through the manufacturer’s guidelines. It will help you acquire a clear vision regarding the installation process. Here, we will try to explain the installation process to you to do it effortlessly.
Step 1- Safety
Make certain that you wait until the engine cools. Or else, you may get burnt.
Step 2- Belt removal
Follow the recommended procedure of the manufacturer and remove the components of the belt drive.
Step 3- Hose removal
In this stage, you have to remove the hose from the water pump. Make sure to stay safe from the coolant.
Step 4- Removal of the old water pump
First, you should loosen the bolts, and after that, you have to remove the old water pump.
Step 5- Removal of the old gasket
Step five involves the removal of the old gasket. It will ensure the cleanliness of the mounting surface.
Step 6- Inspect the service parts of the cooling system
Before installing the new water pump, don’t forget to check the service parts such as a thermostat, coolant hoses, and pressure caps.
Step 7- Installation of the water pump
Now, you have to install the new water pump. Follow the installation instructions precisely to get the best results.
Step 8- Make the bolts tighter.
Now, you have to tighten the bolts. Make sure to meet the torque specifications of the manufacturer.
Step 9- Attach the hose again
After tightening the bolts, reaffix the hose.
Step 10- Replenish the cooling system.
You should refill the cooling system with the recommended coolant of the manufacturer.
Step 11- Spin the pump.
Now, you have to rotate the pump to ensure its free rotation.
Step 12- Check the functionality.
Make sure that the belt drive system is working correctly.
Step 13- Do a concluding visual inspection.
Do a visual inspection and check whether everything is fine or not.
How much power can 7.3 Powerstroke make?
If you are trying to fathom the maximum power that a 7.3 Powerstroke can make, you have to look for the rods. You should know that it has the weakest rod amongst all. However, with time, the 7.3 Powerstroke improved a lot. In the last few decades, it witnessed some significant upgrades. Well, the hybrid injectors are responsible for this trait.
Besides, better turbocharger technology came to the market as well. These days, most of the 7.3 Powerstroke engines are capable of generating at least 500 HP. If you can custom the engine, it can deliver you with the power of 600-650 horsepower. In that case, you have to be precise about the PCM calibration. Keep in mind not to over-torque the engine.
Well, if you are thinking of enhancing the HP of your 7.3 Powerstroke, look nowhere else. For that, you have to know about two types of rods. The first one is the forged steel and the second one is the powdered metal. In most of the 7.3 Powerstroke engines, you will find powdered metal, which is comparatively weaker. Hence, to increase the power, you have to incorporate forged steel.
If your car runs on diesel, you should check the 7.3 Powerstroke engine. The best part is, you can modify the engine according to your preference. The enhanced PCM tuning, turbo setups, and hybrid injector technologies are responsible for its improvement.
Top Features of the best 7.3 Powerstroke water pump
Now, it is time to take a look at the top features of the best 7.3 Powerstroke water pump. It will provide you with a positive push to buy the products mentioned above. Also, knowing the features will help you to make the right decision. It will be easier for you to check whether the product is compatible with your needs or not. So, here are the features that we are talking about.
All the water pumps that we mentioned in the list are durable. If you buy those water pumps, it will be a good investment. The makers used the best components to craft these water pumps. Hence, you don’t have to bother about rust. Also, there will be no breakdown of the pump. To be precise, you will be able to use these pumps for a long time.
The makers used the best quality materials to develop these water pumps. Therefore, the quality of the products is up to the mark as well. Besides, the materials are responsible for the durability of these water pumps. Aluminum is one of the materials that they use to make these items. Therefore, the longevity of these products is also considerable. They will serve your purpose for a long time.
All these water pumps are easy to install. You don’t have to give tremendous effort to install these water pumps. You have to follow some effortless steps to install these items. If you want to get an idea about the installation process, you can go through the procedure written above. Following those points meticulously will help you to accomplish the best results.
Some of the water pumps for the 7.3 Powerstroke engine come with a gasket. It is one of the essential features of these products. Well, the purpose of a gasket is to provide a mechanical seal on the two surfaces. Specifically, it seals the surface between the water pump and the engine block to prevent leaks. Or else, the coolant will spill out, which is flowing through the water pump.
All the products that we recommended are compatible with Original Equipment Manufacturer specifications. Therefore, if you want to replace them with the factory parts of your vehicle, you don’t have to come across any complications. It also signifies that you can return this water pump in most of the cars.
Most of the products are rust-proof. We already discussed that the makers use the best materials to develop these items. So, the components of the items are responsible for this attribute. It also ensures the longevity as well as the durability of the product. If your water pump doesn’t catch rust, it will keep serving your purpose for a long time.
It is one of the unique features of the water pumps for the 7.3 Powerstroke engine. Thus, whenever the engine gets overheated, the thermostat will send signals to the pump. After that, the pump will receive water from the radiator and send it to the engine to keep it cool.
Why do we recommend those best water pumps for 7.3 Powerstroke?
There are numerous reasons for which we are recommending those water pumps to you. Well, you should know that the products that we suggested are pretty competent. They will provide you with the best results once you install them in your engine. Also, you will come across numerous benefits after adding those pumps to your car’s engine.
We know that budget is a significant part when it comes to buying a product. Therefore, the products that we suggested are pretty affordable. You don’t have to worry about any pressure in your pocket. We assure you that buying these products will be a good investment. You will never regret your decision.
Another reason to choose these products is their efficiency. They are competent enough to do the needful. Whenever your engine gets heated, these pumps will cool it. Also, they encompass some fantastic features which will help you to keep your machine safe and sound.
It will enhance the performance of your engine.
The water pump has a crucial role in enhancing the performance of the engines. If you can dig out a bit, you will find out that many engines suffer due to overheating. So, if you install a water pump or replace a water pump in your vehicle, it will keep your engine cool. Hence, the performance of your engine will also get a boost.
The features of these products are pretty impressive. Due to these features, a lot of people are using these pumps happily. They are satisfied with these items. For example, the thermostat is one of the best features that you will find. This feature will protect the engine from overheating. Whenever the engine witnesses overheating, the thermostat will send signals to the motors. After that, the motor will send coolants to the engine to safeguard it from overheating.
There are no questions regarding the longevity of these products. Once you purchase them, they will be there for you for an extended period. Therefore, you can consider buying these water pumps as your long-term investments. Well, the materials are responsible for the longevity of the products.
The materials that the manufacturers used are of the best quality. Therefore, the quality of the products is also satisfactory. Due to these materials, there will be no issues with the durability of the product.
Is it bad to straight pipe a 7.3 Powerstroke?
Many of our readers asked us about this. So here it is. Straight piping will not have any bad side effects on your diesel engine. In fact, it is easier on your motor. The stock muffler is very restrictive, and it will put more loads on the engine. However, putting the turbo out will definitely damage it at some point in time.
Also, straight pipes might cause more noise and may provide less performance than the hose pipes that come with these water pump kits; it will improve the fuel economy of your car. It will also not affect the smoke of your car. However, if you do not want your car to make much noise, then you should avoid the straight piping to your car.
However, as straight piping can improve your fuel economy slightly, it will certainly burn less gas. It can also create a better flow of this exhaust gas. It does not hurt your engine too. But these straight pipes are so racing car-like, it may not be a good idea for a street vehicle.
Now that we have covered up almost all the aspects of the best 7.3 Powerstroke water pump, here are some of the most frequently asked questions about these water pumps. Clear your doubts below:
How many miles can a 7.3 Powerstroke go?
This depends on the manufacturing company of these water pumps and their quality. However, a good water pump should serve you for 500000 miles to the least. The robust iron parts and the conservative power, and the low engine speed are the most important parts that will make them last longer.
How many pounds of boost should a 7.3 have?
The higher gears and the heavier loads you are opting for, the more boost you are going to experience. On average, these might make about 12 to 14 psi boost to your car.
What to do if your water pump is leaking?
Here, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide on what to do if the water pump is leaking.
- First things first, flush the cooling system
- Then you should drain the coolant from the pump
- Now you should remove the engine bells
- Then remove the other components to get your hands on the water pump bolts
- Now remove the pump
- Now you should replace the old gasket and install a new pump.
How to bleed air out of the cooling system?
Although we have already mentioned it earlier, here is a summary of how to bleed the air out from your cooling system.
- Remove the cap on the reservoir of the coolant.
- Now start the engine to reach its optimum temperature
- Check the level of the coolant reservoir
- Now start the fan and see if it is keeping it up with the engine speed.
These are some of the basic steps you should take to keep the air out of the coolant.
This is almost everything you needed to know about the best water pump available in the market. We have come up with a list of the best water pump for a 7.3L Powerstroke. We have also provided you with the buyer’s guide so that you can choose the best water pump according to your needs.
Also, we have the FAQs so that you can clear your doubts about these water pumps. So, you need to do some homework and find out the best water pumps currently available in the market that perfectly aids your needs. Try them today.